Phoenix

The Student News Site of Marian University

Phoenix

Phoenix

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Dia de Los Muertos Family Night

Credit: santafe.org

To honor Mexican culture, and to celebrate the Day of the Dead, Marian University is holding Dia de Los Muertos Family Night, on Nov. 1, at 6 p.m. in Alumni Hall. Marian University’s very own SOL (student organization of Latinos) will be hosting this cultural event in order to spread the word and to bring Mexican culture into a new light. SOL strives to improve and enhance the educational experience of Latino students at Marian University. Whether it is academically, socially, or culturally. 

One of the ways SOL is making this event cultural is the food they will be serving at the event. They will have traditional Mexican cuisine such as Mole con pollo (chicken, dried chiles, spices, fruits, and seasonings), arroz (rice) , pan dulce (sweet bread, concha), and atole (a traditional hot corn and masa-based beverage of Mexican origin). 

There will also be fun activities such as coloring pages, and face painting! They will also have a special guest Ballet Folklorico Mosaicos (Mexican dancers who are known for their cheerful and colorful dresses). You can RSVP for this event on Connect or you can just show up with any questions or concerns. You can reach out to Daniela Ochoa [email protected]