Indy Eats: Circle City Soups — City Market

Linny Rousseau, Campus News Editor

For the next stop in my series, I found myself at the Indianapolis City Market for the very first time. If you have not gotten the chance to check this place out as a whole, I would certainly recommend it. The place is filled with aisles of local restaurant booths. The options were endless. I decided to try a booth called Circle City Soups. I have previously been to another location of this restaurant on the east side at the Lawrence Ivy Tech, but I was excited to see what this spot had to offer. It was tremendous from start to finish.

First and foremost, their customer service skills were amazing. As a first-time customer, I had many questions. Though the lunch rush lurked behind me in line, they did not hesitate to answer every single question I had. It was heartwarming. They worked me through the ordering process and even found a way for me to save a couple of bucks. How many restaurants are willing to do that? It was outstanding. Since this was my first impression, I was looking forward to seeing what I would get out of my meal.

I did not have to wait long for my order to be up, which was certainly ideal. I had freshly made wings and fries waiting to be devoured. I was eager to open up my food, so I rushed to an open table and dug into my meal. It did not disappoint. The wings had been freshly made, only seasoned the night before. They came in an order of 6 that came with some pretty awesome fries. I will admit the wings were a bit hot, so if you are not one to enjoy spicy food, this might not be the order for you. However, I loved it. In my opinion, it was the epitome of the perfect wing.

I also would like to compliment Circle City Soups on their generous portion of their wings and fries. My meal was $10, and it was certainly enough to feed me. It was certainly more than enough food for the price. The wings had just the right amount of meat on them. The order of fries was more than enough to top off the meal. I absolutely loved it.

I am so excited to get to experience more meals at the Indianapolis City Market, but Circle City Soups certainly set a standard for my experiences there. I have absolutely no complaints about City Circle Soups, so I give it a 5 out of 5. Stay tuned to see where I head to for my next Indy Eats stop!