Career and Internship Fair

Credit: Macey Kenna

Macey Kenna, Writer

On November 10th, the Marian University Exchange hosted its second Careers & Internship Fair. There were over 35 employers and 120 students in attendance.

The Exchange has many events every semester to help facilitate job or internship opportunities for students in various majors. These events include Nursing Roundtables, Networking Knights, STEM Career fair, Career & Internship Fair, Global Career Fair, and more.

Brandy Bast, the Director of Workforce Development, plans these events the previous semester. Although many employers at these events are routine visitors at Marian, she said it takes “lots of preparation” to execute these events. Bast highlighted how the Exchange does its best to cater to all student interests to get them in front of employers. “If employers want to build a true talent pipeline, they will start recruiting earlier,” Bast said.

Senior marketing major, Emilee Horn, attended the event to explore career options after graduation. “These events are very beneficial to students who don’t know what professional area they want to go to,” she said. “With Marian having so many connections around Indianapolis, this is a great way to explore different avenues. Horn wished that the event would have been held in a larger space. At times, it could be hard to move around and hear.

This event was relevant to business majors. She wanted it to be held in the Norman Center. She proposed it be held between both floors to allow more space for the increased number of students and employers.

Along with hosting these events, the Exchange offers various services to help students in their professional journey. For example, their staff can assist with cover letters, resumes, interviews, professional headshots, and professional clothing. To see the complete list of services, students can log into Handshake using their Marian University login, click Career Center, and explore from there.

The next Career Fair is the Diversity & Inclusion Virtual Career Fair on December 8th. To register, students can follow this link: https://www.careereco.com/Fair/EventDetails?fairId=bb6c3e74-73c9-4faa-92c2-ae9201105211