Phoenix

The Student News Site of Marian University

Phoenix

Phoenix

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Painting Pots with The Family Medicine Club

Abby Titara
Marian students holding their finished painted pots for her miniature succulents.

The Family Medicine Club hosted an event on Wednesday April 24 in the Evans Center from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. for students to come pick out a miniature succulent and paint its new pot. The club also provided a variety of quality acrylic paint colors, brushes, brush washing stations, and refreshing beverages. Due to the event spanning two hours, the attendance varied between few participants to then being a packed room. The Family Medicine Club was well equipped to handle a large audience so they had plenty of plants and materials for all to share. 

Although this event was specifically marketed for 1st year and 2nd year medical students to have a wellness activity break from the exams last week and the upcoming exams this week, students from all departments were welcome to participate. The event quickly became a fun but relaxing party with the ambiance of Taylor Swift’s top hits playing in the background while everyone got into their creative energies for painting their plant pots.

Marian student painting her pot for her miniature succulent. (Abby Titara)

“This was our first event with our new executive board for the club and we will probably be having more events like this since a lot of people attending seem to be enjoying the creativity break between exams,” said Tulsi Patel, osteopathic medical student 1st year.