Phoenix

The Student News Site of Marian University

Phoenix

Phoenix

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Fall Activity Roundup for Adults in Indy

Lizzie Schmidt
Financial Aid Advisor, Joanie Schmidt, petting cows at Dull’s Tree Farm.

As college students, it is difficult to find exciting fall and Halloween activities to do locally that don’t break the bank and are not geared towards children. In this list, we break down a few of our favorite outings that are geared towards fun activities for adults.

1. Harvest Nights at Newfield’s

Newfield’s is back and better than ever hosting their annual Harvest Nights event! When you visit, you will walk through the gardens of Newfield’s that are decked out in thousands of glowing jack o’lanterns. There are multiple different types of shows you can catch while spending time here as well. Along with the scenery, guest can purchase fall themed snacks and beverages including pumpkin flavored ales, fall-themed cocktails, carmel corn and cocoa. 

1. Horror Movies at Living Room Theaters

Now that we are in the month of October, it is officially Spooky Season. There is no better way to kick it off than by catching a scary movie at none other than Living Room Theaters. Located in the Bottle Works District in Downtown Indy, this theater offers multiple snack and food options, a full bar, and reclining seats to make you feel like you are in the comfort of your own living room. With multiple horror movies hitting the big screen this October, there will surely be an option for everyone. 

Movies hitting theaters this October include:

• Disney’s Haunted Mansion
  • The Nun 2
  • The Exorcist: Believer
  • Talk to Me
  • Saw X
  • It Lives Inside
  • Five Nights at Freddy’s
  • The Craft
  • A Haunting in Venice

1. Dull’s Tree Farm Pumpkin Harvest

Located just outside of Lebanon, Dull’s offers over 45 activities with the price of admission. They offer all the must-do fall activities, and more! You can catch a tractor ride to the pumpkin patch, pet the cows and llamas in the petting zoo, and enjoy apple cider donuts and frappuccinos! This place has so many options- it will surely  create the perfect activity for everyone. 

1. Fall Scented Candle making at Penn & Beech Candle Company

Everyone loves a good candle- especially around this time of year! While Penn & Beech is popular year-round, the majority of people that come in during October have access to seasonal scents and leave with the perfect custom-cozy blend of their choice! This experience also offers beer and wine for purchase while you are there. Customers will blend between two to four scents (with guidance, of course) to make their custom creation! 

Fall scents this year include:

• Pumpkin Pie (New!)
  • Autumn Lodge (New!)
  • Sage (New!)
  • Pumpkin Spice
  • Hazelnut
  • Oven Baked Bread
  • Roasted Chestnut
  • Amber Musk
  • Autumn Leaves
  • Honeycrisp Apple
  • Mulled Cider
  • Cedar
  • Bourbon
  • Pecan Pie
  • Chai Tea
  • Spiced Rum
One of the seasonal scents offered at Penn & Beech- Pumpkin Spice (Lizzie Schmidt
  1. Nightmare on Edgewood

According to multiple reviews, this haunted house is the scariest horror attraction Indiana has to offer. This attraction is considered an extreme attraction, as it is full contact and all cast members can touch you- leading this to become the scariest and only attraction in Indy that offers this! With the price of admission, you are granted access to all three houses on property of different themes. After attending this attraction, you will surely agree that it is definitely Indy’s most extreme haunted attraction.