Phoenix

The Student News Site of Marian University

Phoenix

Phoenix

Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Free Events for Students in November

Visit Indy

It can be difficult to find fun and exciting events throughout the fall- especially as a college student. In this list, we have collected multiple different activities and events happening in Indy. Plus, they are free to attend. 

Downtown Franklin Holiday Open House 

We are entering the month of November, and everyone is getting excited for the holidays. This is the best part of the year, where people start getting in the Christmas Spirit. Fri., Nov. 5 + Sat., Nov. 6 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. |  Downtown Franklin the Holiday Open House is a 2- day event with 40 retailers, restaurants, and businesses. 

Forest Bathing to Nourish the Mind, Body, and Soul

Enjoying nature this time of the year is important! Leaves are changing colors, and before we know it, it will start to snow. This next event is a great escape from your daily routine to interact with nature. Sunday Nov, 12 the partnership with Crown Hill Heritage Foundation and Indiana Division Forestry and Wanderwood studio collaborated on this event, “Forest bathing.”It promotes interaction between humans and wooded spaces, which is deeply needed in a culture that too often sees nature as a commodity to be bought, sold, transformed, and used. This activity will be led by a guide (certified by the Association of Nature and Forest Therapy Guides and Programs). This event invites you to listen to nature, savor the sounds and smells of the outdoors, and be mindful of the ways nature can nourish the mind, body, and soul.

Rooftop 5-Year Anniversary Bash

Located in Downtown Indianapolis, its famous Rooftop has its 5-Year Anniversary Bash Sat., Nov. 13 from 12-8pm. It is a free event to watch the sunset and sip some limited-release ciders by the fire pit with company. 

Holiday Walking Path 

Come out and enjoy the beautiful Holiday Walking Path on Sun, Nov 21 from 5-11:00 pm. Located around the Lawn at Clay Terrace there are several, oversized and bright Holiday decorations, the Traditional Christmas Tree Sponsored by L&M Gardens on the Village Green and ornamental seating areas along Clay Terrace Boulevard.

Circle of Light Tree Lighting 

One of the most awaited times of the year is almost here! Fri, Nov 26 in Downtown Indy, people will flock to Monument Circle for a holiday tradition of watching as the Soldiers & Sailors Monument is transformed into a giant Christmas tree of more than 4,000 lights.